AUNE Director of Events and Campus Services Antioch University New England seeks a Director of Events & Campus Services to provide exceptional customer service in supporting the goals and mission of academic and administrative departments in the hands-on planning and execution of campus events, classes, and residencies for the Antioch University New England community. The Director manages and oversees the day-to-day operations of all classrooms and meetings spaces including logistics, scheduling, communications, and detailed plans for successful events and classroom usage. The Director also manages campus services and supervises events and campus services staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Events & Space Management:
• Plans and executes campus events, such as commencement, co-curricular activities, orientation, guest speakers and visiting days. Includes logistics coordination, expenses, management of event set-up and take down, campus access, as well as, and most importantly, communication and collaboration with all stakeholders ensuring customer satisfaction.
• Identifies and defines goals and metrics for each event, aligning with campus academic and administrative requirements.
• Utilizes scheduling software to develop the scheduling of all classrooms, meetings, and events. Oversees all spaces and technology equipment requests for events, residencies and classes, ensuring reservations are timely, transparent and flexible. Communicates space usage throughout the AUNE community.
• Manages the day to day classroom and space logistics, ensuring proper room set up and coordinating with Information Technology as needed for troubleshooting basic classroom technology issues that arise.
• Facilitates special needs and requests in communication with faculty, program associates and/or the Disability Services Coordinator.
• Develops, reviews and implements space and equipment use and rental policies and procedures to provide adequate space for University business, to generate rental income, and to provide service to the surrounding community.
• Negotiates and oversees all contracts and providers such as catering and rental agreements.
• Assists members of the University community with campus space planning and scheduling. Campus Services:
• Supervises campus services staff including custodial/security staff.
• Oversees expenses, ordering, contracts, and providers of services and supplies, and communicates with the landlords as needed.
• Provides oversight of campus safety processes and procedures. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Experience in managing people, projects, scheduling, and events management.
Proficient in Google and MS Office Suite, and able to work in multiple platforms, systems and processes.
Strong written and verbal communication, customer service, and relationship building skills.
Excellent time management, organizational, and attention to detail skills.
Creative problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
A demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion and to serving the needs of a diverse community.
Able to work flexible and irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed to support event and space usage.
HOURS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a full-time position serving a national university. A flexible and irregular work is needed to support event and space usage. The schedule will be established in consultation with the supervisor.
Office to be housed at Antioch University New England campus.
While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to sit, stand, use hands and fingers, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The individual must regularly lift and/or carry up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires daily use of computer and other standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and list of reference names and contact information. Click here to apply.
Antioch University reserves the right to change the duties of the job description at any time.
Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
NOTE: The successful candidate for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.