Director of Student Activities and Campus Experience
Southwest Baptist University
Location: Bolivar, Missouri
Type: Full Time
The Director of Student Activities facilitates the leading of student leadership groups to organize and promote student events and activities. The director specifically provides training and direction for student leaders in coordinating Welcome Week (new student orientation and acclimation), Student Association (SA), and University Activities Council (UAC)
Essential Job Duties
· Regular attendance and punctuality
· Sets an example of a Christian lifestyle for students, staff, and faculty
· Commitment and adherence to Southwest Baptist University’s Principles and Expectations
· Serves on the Student Development team
· Affirms community, inspires hope, and equips students to be healthy servant leaders
· Serves as staff advisor for Welcome Week steering committee
· Leads and advises SA and UAC
· Collaborates with club and organization sponsors for them to facilitates their group’s activities
· Plans, presents, and maintains budgets for Welcome Week, SA, and UAC
· Oversees SA’s budget allocations to student clubs and organizations
· Supervises student workers assigned to Welcome Week and Game Room
· Coordinates and plans the promotion of upcoming student campus events by utilizing student leadership
· Collaborates to maintain administrative unit program review and helps to assess learning outcomes created for certain events and activities
· Provides organizational structure for the student-led Welcome Week committee
· Assists with surveying students to discover campus activity desires
· Collaborates and helps provide Sexual Assault Prevention and Drug and Alcohol abuse prevention and awareness events and activities
· Serves on various University committees as assigned
· Collaborates with Alumni Engagement for University-wide events (i.e. Homecoming)
· Coordinates with Admissions and Success Center in First Year Experience (FYE)
· Recruits student leaders for required student functions (Welcome Week, UAC, SA, and subsequent committees)
· Intentional leadership development in both one-on-one and group settings
· Oversees the Outside Organization meetings and events held on campus
· Oversees University Calendar and Room Reservations
· Oversees Summer Camps at Southwest Baptist University
· Sets general pricing schedules in coordination with director supervisor and CBO.
· Negotiates a contract between sponsoring organization and SBU. Determines what services are needed and prices the camp accordingly.
· Coordinates each camp, ensuring all applicable SBU departments are informed of the camp(s) and what services they require.
· Insures camps are placed on SBU calendar of events.
· Completes the camp process by issuing a bill for services and ensuring payment is received from the organization.
· Coordinates with community leaders for organized events (Homecoming, Service Projects, off-campus activities)
· Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor
This position directly supervises the elected student officers for Student Association and the volunteer student leaders for University Activities Council and Welcome Week and the assigned student workers for the game room. This position directly supervises approximately 25 student leaders and is responsible for an additional 75 students who volunteer to some capacity in at least one of the aforementioned groups.
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field
· Experience working with students and social media outlets
· Experience with software products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Master’s degree
· Two or more years working with college students within Student Development
· Have two or more years of teaching or leadership experience
· Experience with software products such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and Presence
· Must be able to communicate effectively – verbal and written formats
· Must be able to work in a typical office environment with an uplifting attitude prepared to assist students and fellow employees
· Must be available to work evenings associated with planned activities and events
· Must be available to work a few weekends
· Occasionally moves about the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
· Should be able to exert up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
· Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as calculator, copy machine and computer printer
· Must be able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
· Must be able to operate a motor vehicle for transporting students and employees to and from coordinated activities.